Chromadek IBR Patio Awnings are the most economical, popular, strong and practical awnings available on the market today. We can add polycarbonate sheets between the Chromadek sheets to provide extra natural light.
The polycarbonate sheets are manufactured from high-tech polycarbonate material and have an anti-UV coating that blocks out up to 98% of UV rays and most importantly the sheets we use on our awnings also provides light transmission of up to 80%.
Gear Roller Blinds can be added onto these awnings to provide even more protection from the weather and lengthen the usage time considerably.
We use powder coated steel rectangular tubing for the structure of our awnings. As a matter of fact aluminium structures are also available, they are however more costly.
- Aluminium Rectangular Tubing: 1, 8 mm.
- Aluminium Square Tubing: 1, 8 mm.
- IBR Chromadek Sheeting: 0, 5 mm.
- IBR Polycarbonate Sheeting: 1, 25 mm.
- Steel Rectangular Tubing: 2 mm.
- Steel Square Tubing: 2 mm.
Advantages of Chromadek / Polycarbonate Patio Awnings
- Compliments all homes and office buildings and adds value to your property.
- Energy Saving – Use natural light.
- Excellent Optical Clarity – Clear polycarbonate sheets has excellent optical clarity suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Fire Resistant – Polycarbonate sheets are self extinguishing stops the spread of flames and has excellent fire resistant properties.
- Hail Impact Resistance – Impact resistant to hailstones up to 20 mm.
- Impact Resistance.
- Light & Heat Transmission – Lets the light in while keeping the heat out for maximum comfort. 80% Light transmission.
- Lightweight – Polycarbonate sheets weigh half the weight of plate glass, making handling and installation ultimately more convenient.
- Sustainable Material – Polycarbonate sheets can be recycled and no waste is created in the production process, is also heavy metal free.
- UV Protection – Lets the light in while protecting you from 98% of harmful UV radiation.
- Wind Load Resistant – Suitable for use in high wind areas, perfect for South African weather conditions.
Uses of Patio Awnings
- Air conditioner protection.
- Carports and caravan protection, (an upmarket solution to the dreary, rusty carport and only for discerning home owners).
- Extra entertainment or braai area.
- Generator protection.
- Improving the aesthetics of your home or office building.
- Smoking areas.
- Walk ways.