Polycarbonate Awnings are economical, aesthetically pleasing and practical; they work well in a wide range of temperatures and are extremely well suited for the harsh South African climate. These awnings are manufactured from high-tech polycarbonate material and have an anti-UV coating that blocks out up to 98% of UV rays and most importantly there is no warping of the awning.
We use 3 mm thick solid Perspex acrylic boards for our awnings, we do not use the cheap 6 mm hollow Multiwall polycarbonate boards as these boards are not as durable as the solid ones.
The PVC brackets of the polycarbonate awnings are injection moulded from specialised polymer plastic. As a matter of fact, aluminium brackets are also available, they are however more costly.
Advantages of Polycarbonate Awnings
- Allows natural light through.
- Hail impact resistant.
- Impact resistant.
- No warping.
- Polycarbonate is 200 times the strength of glass.
- Resistant to corrosion.
- Self cleaning (rain).
- There are different colours.
- They are anti-ageing.
- UV resistant.
- Wind load resistant.
Uses of Polycarbonate Awnings
- Air conditioner protection.
- ATM machines.
- Doors for rain and sun protection.
- Generator protection.
- Improving the aesthetics of your home or office building.
- Vending machines.
- Walk ways.
- Windows for rain and sun protection.